Binary options trading, while surging in popularity, is still relatively undiscovered territory when compared to daily trading volume in stocks, currencies, and conventional options. This is one of the reasons it’s difficult to find dependable, high-quality US binary options brokers. With an office in New York NY, many traders wonder if Banc De Binary is legit? Most of the brokers do not hold U.S. offices. If you are looking for binary options platforms in US borders then you are going to be sorely out of luck. The purpose of this page is to maintain an updated list of the most reputable brokers catering to U.S. traders. If you’re new to binary options, we strongly recommend setting up an account at one or more of the sites listed below.
List Of Binary Brokers That Accept US Traders
|Returns (In The $)||65-81%||78-85%||75-85%|
|Returns (Not in $)||0-15%||0-15%||0-10%|
|60 Second Options|
|24-7 Customer Support|
|Android / Google App||Here||Here|
|Apple / Ipad / Iphone||Here||Here|
|Regulation||In Process - CYSEC||In Process||In Process - CYSEC|
|Review||Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Visit||Trade Now||Trade Now||Trade Now|
Not all brokers are created equal. Among those that cater to U.S. binary options traders, you’ll find a variety of features, promotions, payouts, and “small” amenities like rebates on losing trades. We’ve tested several brokers, and have found the following to offer the level of service, features (including top payouts), and ease-of-use we enjoy.
- TradeRush – Initiate trades in 13 currency pairs, 18 stocks (including those of Russian, Indian, and Turkish companies), and nearly a dozen commodities. TradeRush also has a user-friendly trading platform through which you can access four binary option types. Returns on short-term trades range between 70% and 85%, and you’ll receive a rebate on losing trades that ranges between 2% and 15%.
- GOptions – Highly regarded as one of the best binary options brokers in the business. Accepts US traders and the minimum deposit is $100. Demo accounts are available completely risk free. All you have to do is make a deposit and request a demo account. As long as you do not accept any bonuses or special offers that require you to trade a certain amount prior to withdrawing your deposit, it will be available anytime you wish. Goptions.com focuses on lightning fast payouts.
24Option-24Option.com stops accepting USA traders June 13th – after Banc De Binary is sued by the CFTC – They’re widely-regarded by traders as one of the best binary options trading platforms online. 24Option offers a dozen currency pairs (ideal for forex traders), as well as trades on various commodities and stocks. You’ll find high payouts with returns averaging 85% on short-term trades. You’ll also have access to numerous binary trading types (touch, up-or-down, etc.). Lastly, you’ll receive up to a 15% rebate on some of your losing trades. Visit 24Option.com today and register your account.
- AnyOption – You can earn up to a 71% return on in-the-money trades, and receive a 15% rebate on out-of-the-money trades. At AnyOption, you’ll be able to trade gold, oil, currencies, stocks, along with several indices. Moreover, you can do so using a number of different binary option types. An example is OneTouch, a trade in which the spot price need only move above or below the strike – as opposed to remaining there until expiry – to be in the money. Visit AnyOption to create your account and get started.
Banc de BinaryJan 20th, 2013 update – Banc De Binary Stops Accepting New US Traders – After being fully regulated by CYSEC and rumored to be in discussions with the CTFC, BDB stops accepting US traders. With payouts up to 90%, Banc de Binary is one of the highest-return US binary options brokers online. They offer a number of attractive features. If you deposit a minimum of $500, you’ll gain access to a practice account. You’ll have an opportunity to “learn the ropes” of binary trading before risking your own capital. You’ll also receive an instant 50% trading bonus (up to $50,000) that you can use toward your trades. Banc de Binary’s trading platform is simple to use and presents all the information you need in an easy-to-digest format. Visit Banc de Binary and claim your 50% bonus when you register your account.
- OptionsClick – This broker offers high-low, one-touch, and range binary options with returns up to 89%. You’ll be able to trade stocks, gold and silver, nine currency pairs, and several indices, such as the Dow Jones. Professional trader accounts receive higher payouts, alerts, and other benefits.
- OptionBit – OptionBit offers returns up to 81% on three binary option types (high-low, touch, and range). Numerous stocks, ten currency pairs, nearly twice as many indices, and four commodities provide plenty of opportunities to take advantage of in-the-money trades. The site’s trading platform is relatively simple to use. You’ll also receive a trading bonus based on your initial deposit amount when you register and fund your account. Visit OptionBit for more details.
- Ikko Trader – They offer a progressive bonus based on the day you fund your account. Deposits made on Friday get a 30% boost; deposits made on Saturday are matched at 60%; and those made on Sunday receive a 100% match. Ikko Trader’s trading platform is entirely web-based, so there’s nothing to download. And you can trade several stocks and commodities – such as coffee and sugar – 8 indices, and nearly a dozen currency pairs.
Binary Option Brokers Headquartered In The US
Earlier, we mentioned that nearly all US-friendly binary options brokers are headquartered outside the U.S. To that end, many of the brokers mentioned in the above list operate from Cyprus. We’ve only found two that actually maintain their headquarters within U.S. borders: Nadex.com and Banc de Binary (profiled above).
Nadex.com is based in Chicago. They offer a web-based trading platform through which you can trade numerous indices (U.S., Korea, Germany, etc.), several currency contracts, and a wide range of commodities. The average return on in-the-money trades is currently 75%. You can request access to a $25,000 demo account to practice before placing your own capital at risk.
Don’t underestimate the importance of choosing the right binary broker. The payouts, promotions, and other features will play an important role in your long-term profitability. We recommend that you get started by creating an account at three or four of US binary options brokers we’ve profiled above.
Recognized by the CBOE as a legitimate way to trade options, binary option trading has become one of the fastest-growing ways to participate in the exchange markets. No longer are you forced to buy and hold shares of a particular stock. No longer are you obligated to devote large sums of capital to purchasing an asset you hope will rise in value. Trading binary options gives you an opportunity to make an “all or nothing” wager on whether a broad market moves up or down. Even better, you can do so without placing significant capital at risk.
Binary Options Regulation: What Rules Govern Them?
To understand the regulatory environment in which binary options trading exists, it’s important to be familiar with how they differ from traditional options. A conventional futures contract is an agreement to buy or sell an underlying asset at a specific price. The trader essentially forecasts the price the asset will reach. As its spot price moves up or down, additional contracts can be bought or sold.
Online binary options trading works differently. It’s much simpler. You pick an asset, strike price, expiration date and time, and decide whether you think the spot price will end up above or below the strike. If you choose correctly, you win the trade. Choose incorrectly, and you lose. You don’t own the asset. Instead, you are merely betting on the movement of the asset’s price, or the broader market represented by it.
With this in mind, binary options can be regulated in one of two ways. First, they can be regulated as financial instruments, which allows them to be bought and sold in countries where online gambling may be prohibited. Alternatively, they can be regulated as fixed-odds betting. Think of the US regulated sites like Nadex where they are officially the North American Derivatives Exchange which is fully regulated but offers a completely different type of trading experience than the fun, fast binary option trades we are all doing right now. This is because the binary option contract offers the trader an “either or” (up or down, win or lose) outcome. The risk and potential return are known upfront.
The U.S. regulatory environment has been unfriendly to online gambling over the past decade, and particularly so during the last few years. There are signs that this may change in the near future. However, most US-friendly binary trading sites have chosen to headquarter their operations outside the U.S. in countries such as Cyprus. Today, in 2013 from the traders seat there is nothing illegal about trading binary options from the USA as long as the state and local governments do not prohibit it.